Cyber threats continue to rise, with 422 million people impacted by attacks in the United States alone in the past year and cumulative losses to businesses expected to rise to top $10.5 trillion by 2025, according to Cybersecurity Ventures. And yet, despite this rising risk targeting enterprises of every size and industry, there remains a large gap at the highest levels of many of our nation’s largest organizations when it comes to cyber literacy and education.
In the “State of Cyber Awareness in the Board Room Report,” NightDragon and Diligent conducted a thorough review of the board of directors of the S&P 500. Our research confirms that, despite the rising risk and cost of cyberattacks, 57% lack specialized experience in non-cyber technology categories and 88% do not have an executive with specialized cybersecurity experience on their board.
Join top leaders from NightDragon and Diligent to discuss the findings from the report, as well as what boards of directors can do to advance cybersecurity education to close the gap around cybersecurity expertise and help the organization effectively mitigate risk.
- Dave DeWalt, Founder and CEO, NightDragon
- Brian Stafford, President and CEO, Diligent
Discussions during the session will include:
- Key findings from the “State of Cyber Awareness in the Board Room Report
- Impact for boards of directors of increasing education and expertise around cybersecurity
- How CISOs and cybersecurity practitioners can better communicate risk to the board
- Best practices and recommendations to enhance board education around cybersecurity